Sunday, January 21, 2007

#$%& IKEA

I would like to go on the Official I HATE IKEA list. I have disliked them from the time they went to their new format, but now, after dealing with them as well, I WILL NEVER RETURN. I will also launch a personal campaign to damage the crap out of their name in every classroom I walk in to as well as in any conversation about them. The main problem is that everything I have bought there in the past two trips have had parts missing. After a forty-five minute drive both ways, slogging through the three DIFFERENT shopping experiences (showroom, products and furniture pick-up) trying to find the most insignificant stocked items amidst the maze of warehoused products, dealing with idiot personnel who could care less, finding half of it out of stock and no idea when it will come in and the finally, pulling the right -- hopefully things -- waiting in line FOREVER, only to get home to find that some of the things aren't in the box.... well can you spell E-X-P-L-O-S-I-O-N? Then try and work with their customer service and have the wrong stuff shipped to you 10 - I say, 10 days later. I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

OK I feel better. I hate them. Worse than Exxon.

7 comments:

Danny said...

The founder of Ikea, Ingvar Kamprad, is supposedly a neo-Nazi.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingvar_Kamprad

Barrie said...

charlie has finally surfaced.
where in the hell have you been?

alison said...

kind of like kumar when he surfaced and gave the very detailed instructions on how to boil an egg. but he's vanished once again.

Barrie said...

what if kumar and charlie are the same person?
I just blew your mind.

Joshua said...

Fuck. You totally did. And there was an email sent from HR just this morning explicitly forbidding spills of any kind. All I can think of now:
Does Ikea sell eggs?
What the hell was that stuff that janitors used to sprinkle on the throw up in Middle School?
Why are my chair wheels so shiny?

danielli said...

no barrie, you just blew my brains out.

glennd said...

sounds like josh met a few screaming nazis last night...and woke up on the floor of his office with puke everywhere, some of it looking like raw eggs!