Sunday, July 29, 2007

a shot in the dark, maybe.

Hey guys! I'm wondering - does anybody in NYC know if there are spots for undergraduate interns in their creative department? I don't know how agencies work usually re:undergrad interns. Here is a snippet from the email I got from my friend Anna Kate:

My friend and co-intern, Matt Koulermos (mattkoulermos.com) and I are on the look out for an internship for the academic year. Any suggestions? I know most agencies (including Naked, probably) do not do an official Fall intern program. But we're happy to work for free (free! = academic credit) and we come as a team (AD and CW, once or twice a week - we're thinking Fridays). So, basically, we want to offer our youthful, trendy insights (and wear great shoes) to some awesome ad shop, weekly. For free. Did I mention that we want to work for free?

You'll notice that Matt there has a website up already --- I've set my personal deadline to catch up to 1998 and get my website up next week. Until then, my selling point is the working-for-free thing. And I fetch a mean Starbucks latte.

I met Anna Kate through my blog and have hung out with her a couple of times; she has so much enthusiasm and hunger to learn and create things. She's really wonderful... I can't speak for her friend because I don't know him, but she would be an excellent (UNPAID!) addition to any New York shop. All she wants right now is to learn and get different perspectives. She's a copywriting intern at McCann right now - she got the position over some rising portfolio-school-kids. Let me know if we can help Anna Kate!

Hope everyone is well. Favorite part of the summer? (:

No comments: