Saturday, July 07, 2007

Ethan Haas was right.


Let me start this off by saying, unfortunately I have yet to see the new Transformers Movie. During the trailer, however, there appears quite the teaser. It eventually points to a website just put up http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/
Why the hell does this matter? It's the beginning of what can only be the latest and greatest Alternative Reality Game.
ARG's are the most exciting thing to evolve our industry in years. Years and years. Talk all you want about open dialogue,user-generated, new media and holistic branding campaigns. ARG's amalgamate all of those concepts and breathes life into it. Often they create whole ancillary worlds of interactivity that organically grow out of the original. Anyway. Solve the puzzles and sign up. It took me a bit for the first few, and then I fully went in search of the cheat for the last.
No, we didn't do it here- to me it has the feeling of Cloudmakers. Maybe Mekanism?

No comments: