Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Big Wheel Keep On Turning


San Francisco pretty much just kicks ass. After my Adult Easter Egg hunt a bunch of us walked the two blocks to the always tourist trappy Lombard Street where the 7th annual Bring Your Own Big Wheel event was to take place. It's a bunch of silly ass adults wearing crazy costumes who bomb down the crazy crooked road. That's it. It isn't sanctioned. It stops up all traffic for about an hour (they do three runs) and is pretty insane- they get those little wheels rolling. The one cop that was there pretty much just asked people to move out of the way of the Trolley.
Here is a link to a rather long video of the event.
http://www.sfist.com/archives/2007/04/09/big_wheel_keep_on_turning.php

I had trouble getting my hands on a big wheel (they were understandably scarce in the week preceding). Just a WTF or maybe Why The Hell Not kind of thing that makes living here always interesting.

4 comments:

glennd said...

Do they allow green machines?

I'm in.

alison said...

sweet post title.

Barrie said...

i remember the days of my big wheeler.
it was a my little pony one.
that sucker could take on grassy knolls like nobodys business.

RIP wheelie.

danielli said...

wheelie? yes!

my brothers and i used to ride in the house. ding got mad when we'd roll over his feet. he used to wash his feet with ajax, you know.